Smudged Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smudged Chaos

Chaos has always been a little...smudgy

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Day on the Job

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daybreak
Police Chief
Daybreak

Character sheet
Health Bar:
First Day on the Job Left_bar_bleue70/70First Day on the Job Empty_bar_bleue  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
First Day on the Job Left_bar_bleue12/12First Day on the Job Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
First Day on the Job Left_bar_bleue10/10First Day on the Job Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

First Day on the Job Empty
PostSubject: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Daybreak could not believe his life. Upon coming to that hilltop, he was greeted by the deity that called himself Chaos, along with a shambling creature Chaos fondly called a Crote. Chaos, clad in an overly bright, orange suit with a black tie, was devoid of any features himself. His face, facial features completely absent, and hands were black as tar. And when he spoke, it was if from the very air itself.

"Come along, my boy. Let me show you around," and with that, Chaos wrapped his orange suit clad arms around Daybreak's shoulder (somehow growing to over 50 feet to do so, but hey, he is a god, right?) and steered him down into the city.

Daybreak instantly noticed how empty the city was, other than the Crotes, it was devoid of life. He voiced this to the god.

"Oh, you are the first to walk upon this world. The very first. Well, other than my Crotes," the deity beamed, or at least tried to without an actual face.

The ragtag group passed by shiny new buildings, traveling deeper into the city. With a flourish, Chaos stopped Daybreak in front of a dark blue building, the front of which proudly read: Chaotica Police Department.

"Here we are!" the god spun Daybreak around to look him in the face, clamping his dark hands on the Autobot's shoulder plates, "I am appointing you as my police chief. I am quite sure you will do an excellent job."

And, before Daybreak could protest, shoved him through the revolving door. Daybreak stood, completely dumbfounded as he beheld his new position. Into his hands Chaos shoved a gleaming badge (bright orange, of course) and a silver ring with an orange gem. The ring, Chaos explained, is so Daybreak could walk amongst the smaller creatures without damaging them. The ring will allow the police chief to shrink down to the size of a human.

Chaos swept a hand behind him, beckoning to the Crote that had followed them through the city, "This is Dave. He will be your assistant. Treat him fairly. Dave will also help you in your second task: you will welcome new arrivals and assign them their own Crotes."

The deity placed a third object into the mech's hands, "This will let you know when a someone arrives and where to find them. Dave will make sure to have a Crote ready."

Daybreak processed this and nodded his head gravely, "I understand my duties. I...I thank you for entrusting me with so much.."

The deity waved him off, telling him to forget about it. And, with a puff of orange smoke, Chaos left his new police chief.

Daybreak sighed, examining his new gadgets. He put the resizing ring on his finger and stuck the badge on his armor (magnetic, how nice). The last object, a metal square with a small screen and a flashing light. The screen was lit up, coordinates scrolling across its surface.

He looked up to see his Crote, Dave, leading another. Dave looked at Daybreak expectantly, pointing to the device.

Apparently there was a new arrival...already.

Last edited by Daybreak on Fri May 04, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/unexplainedmischief
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police
Princess Heloise

Character sheet
Health Bar:
First Day on the Job Left_bar_bleue70/70First Day on the Job Empty_bar_bleue  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
First Day on the Job Left_bar_bleue12/12First Day on the Job Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
First Day on the Job Left_bar_bleue10/10First Day on the Job Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Heloise tumbled and crashed against a building. She was on her back, her legs up and against the side. Her head was hurting from her fall. Or stumble. The fire princess groaned and closed her eyes. The new world, she thought as she laid there. "Now, if I can convince myself to get up...." Heloise sighed and and opened her golden eyes again.

Nothing but empty space greeted her. That was good, empty space was better than something hostile. She rolled to her side and sat up. Her golden eyes were gazing around the area. It seemed like a city of some sort. Her eyes narrowed as she examined the buildings and sidewalks.

Unknown creatures were walking around. They were odd but not hostile. At least, she hoped they weren't. Nothing about their being suggested that they were. Heloise stood and then looked at the building she crashed into. It almost looked like a guardhouse. Almost. Fire Nation guardhouses were more black and solid metal.

Last edited by Heloise on Sat May 05, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daybreak
Police Chief
Daybreak

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Stamina Bar:
Armor/Shields:

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Daybreak gazed down at the organic creature from his spot by the Police HQ door. His bright blue optics scanned her for any injuries and his sensors came back all clear, although her core temperature was a little high, but other than that...

The cop kneeled down, his face-plates scrunching up into an expression of concern.

"Are you quite alright, ma'am?" he asked, Dave coming out of the offices behind him leading a Crote wearing black trousers and a red shirt. The Crote had bright orange eyes, a little yellow around the pupils, and dark brown hair. Dave looked up at Daybreak, his own orange eyes going from the new Crote to the young girl. Daybreak smiled, understanding his own Crote quite well.

"I guess this little guy is for you. He is called a Crote, the native species on this planet. He will be your guide and your friend. Treat him well and he will stick by your side," Daybreak let a smile cross his face-plates, "It might help if you name him. Speaking of names...mine is Daybreak. I am both a medic and police chief. What is your name?"
Back to top Go down
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police
Princess Heloise

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Stamina Bar:
Armor/Shields:

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Heloise kept her face solid as a rock as she stared at the robot. She looked at the creature, then back at the robot. It took her a long moment before she finally spoke. "Princess Heloise, daughter of Fire Lord Zuko of the Fire Nation." She said with authority. Heloise stared at the robots, eyes? Where those eyes? They look like bright blue lights.

Well, whatever. The princess looked at the Crotes. They were odd looking, but somewhat adoreable. Standing up she started to dust herself off. Heloise ran a hand through her long hair, watching the Crotes and robot. Or Daybreak? He did say that was his name right? Yeah, Heloise was almost sure of it. Her golden eyes looked at the Crotes. “Crotes(cro-its)? What are Crotes?” She asked, raising a fine eyebrow. They were definitely odd. One of them was looking at her with his bright goldish eyes. Fire Nation colors graced his clothing and the fire princess stared at him. What is this? Why is it wearing those colors? She looked back at Daybreak.

What if this Crote was a slave? Heloise almost scowled at the thought. Her father told her once that the Fire Nation had once used the Earth Nation Earthbenders as slaves, told her that slavery was wrong. She couldn't take the Crote if it was going to be her slave.

What about your handmaids? Aren't those your slaves? A small voice whispered to her. Heloise rolled her gold eyes. Her handmaids were paid to be tend to her and she treated them well though they worry that she would be like her aunt.
Back to top Go down
Daybreak
Police Chief
Daybreak

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Stamina Bar:
Armor/Shields:

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Daybreak hesitated. What were the Crotes anyway? Chaos didn't really explain in depth. So Daybreak would have to go with the condensed version he had received.

But first...

Daybreak twisted the ring on his finger and he shrank down to the organic female's size, as well as appearing organic as well. Much better. The cop locked his bright blue eyes on the princess's golden ones.

"Crotes[crow-tes] are humanoid creations of the god Chaos. And apparently there are no females of the species," he ruffled his silver hair and cast his eyes towards Dave, "I do not know much about them, but I am learning a lot the more time I spend with Dave here. Although he doesn't say much, he seems to know exactly what to do to help out."

A thought crossed his organic mind as he beheld the restrained expression on Heloise's face, "The Crotes are by no means slaves. They help us by their own choice. The Crotes are guides, helpers so that we may find our way on this world."

Dave nodded his head, his orange eyes sparkling. The unnamed Crote left Dave's side and put a hand on the princess's shoulder. He left it there for a few seconds then lowered his hand.
Back to top Go down
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police
Princess Heloise

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Stamina Bar:
Armor/Shields:

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Blinking, the princess took a small step away from the robot. It had shrunk to her size, and appeared to be human. She looked away, not wanting to stare into his bright gaze. To say she was afraid of this robot, person, thing was a overstatement. Heloise was curious about him. So many questions flew through her brain. Like, how can you do that? What are you? How can you look like that? But she held her tongue then looked at her Crote.

Daybreak had said it wasn't her slave, but a helper created by Chaos. She gave her Crote a small smile. "Ezra, that will be your name." She said softly, trying to keep her voice even though so many things were trying to find their way to her tongue. To speak the questions she longed for an answer to, but Heloise would not allow it. She could, and would, wait for the answers.

Looking back at Daybreak she nodded. "Back in my home nation, I was feared for turning into something that was before my time. I, and so do my previous Avatars, want me to continue on, on this planet." She paused and looked Daybreak in the eye. "Daybreak, I would like to be a officer like you." Heloise said.

Taking a side glance she saw Ezra smile at her and then he placed his hand on her wrist in a comforting way. Like he knew why she was asking this.
Heloise sent a silent thank you to her Avatars for sending her here.
Back to top Go down
Daybreak
Police Chief
Daybreak

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Stamina Bar:
Armor/Shields:

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:26 am

Daybreak rocked back on his feet. That was completely unexpected. He ruffled his silver hair again, an organic gesture he had picked up rather fast.

Dave handed him a clipboard, shoving the board into his gloved hands. Daybreak looked down at the piece of paper clipped onto the board, his brow furrowing as he read. When he was finished, the Cybertronian looked up first to Dave and then swept his gaze over to Heloise and Ezra.

"This is...rather unexpected. If you are sure about the position, I would be rather...happy for you to join. Chaos extends his blessing to you...as well as an invitation to his home. He will give you the uniform and other necessities."

Dave handed him a black card, about the length of his hand, with orange lettering spiraling about its surface. Daybreak gave it but a glance before handing it to Heloise. He looked at her with his bright blue eyes, eyes filled with all of the memories of his years.

"Back on my own home, I fought a war. A war against brothers and sisters. I was a medic. I who tended the wounded regardless of faction. Many of my own soldiers feared that I would one day forsake my post. That I would desert and leave them to those they saw as dirt," he paused, blinking away tears of long lost comrades, "You, who is burdened by mistakes of those who are past are freer than I, who can never forget. But I thank Primus, my creator, and Chaos for bringing me here. For a new life."

He used his uniform sleeve to wipe away the last of the tears, "Forgive me for burdening you with my past woes."

Dave patted the Cybertronian on the arm.
Back to top Go down
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police
Princess Heloise

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Stamina Bar:
Armor/Shields:

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:38 pm

Heloise took the card and looked at it. ”What is this exactly?” She asked before glancing at Erza, hoping he'd at least know something. Erza looked back at her and shook his head. She looked back at the robot again, only to notice that he was speaking.

She felt rude and listened quietly. Heloise's expression turned from her solid one to a one of understanding and sorrow. ”I am sorry for your......... misfortune,” Heloise whispered softly, hoping she chose the right words.

Instead of dwelling on it though she quickly said. ”Thank you for allowing me to join you. I also wanted you to know that I have a power. We call it bending from where I'm from. I can bend fire, or control it in a way.” She entwined her hands together behind her back, taking a stance with her feet slightly apart, her head slightly up, but only to look Daybreak in the eye. Her face expressionless as usual as she stared at him.

”I have no training in medicine or healing, but I know a thing or two in fighting and judgment for one's crimes.” Heloise said with the voice she used when she was telling her father about skirmishes between Auzla supporters and the guards.

It was odd really, that the daughter of the Fire Lord, feared to be like Princess Azula, was giving orders on how to stop the fighting between her supporters.
Back to top Go down
Daybreak
Police Chief
Daybreak

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Stamina Bar:
Armor/Shields:

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Daybreak dabbed his eyes a little more with his sleeve. He felt like such an idiot for breaking down like that.

"My apologies...I don't know what came over me," he straightened and pointed at the card, "That card will allow you a pass into Chaos's house. Just follow the directions on the card."

The Cybertronian looked deep into the firebender's golden eyes. Her stance bespoke one of military training, of which the Autobot was familiar. He allowed a smile to spread across his face-plates. Working with this one was going to be interesting.

Oh, he did hope she like to fly...

"You must speak with Chaos to finalize your entrance, but," here he extended a hand, "for all intents and purposes, I will enjoy working with you."

The grin widened, "Would you care for something to drink?"
Back to top Go down
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police
Princess Heloise

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Stamina Bar:
Armor/Shields:

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:27 pm

The princess let sympathy stroll across her face. She might not have been in a war, but she has seen a wars damage and could only image what it was like for the robot.

Heloise took his hand, a small smile on her face as she shook it. "I'll talk to Chaos as soon as I can. Until then, I would love to something to drink." She said.

Tea sounded good to her, Dragon tea maybe. Like what Uncle use to make. Father made good tea good, but not as good as Uncle. Heloise mentally shooed away the thoughts. Uncle was long gone and Father was being a Fire Lord, she was on Chaos's planet and she needs to keep her head straight so she could focus on helping Daybreak.
Back to top Go down
Daybreak
Police Chief
Daybreak

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Stamina Bar:
Armor/Shields:

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Daybreak nodded his head, leading her into a small breakroom. Small did it no justice. The breakroom was the size of a two-door garage. Chaos sure knew how to take care of his employees.

Daybreak opened cabinets before finding the stockpile of packaged powders and fluids. A smile twitched on his face when he beheld rows of energon cubes neatly stacked in the corner of one. He cast a sidelong glace towards Heloise...

'She seems to be a tea drinker...tea...tea...ahaha'

Daybreak muttered under his breathe, looking for a tea-bag that fit the firebender perfectly. Then he went for the ever classic choice-maker: Eeney...meeney...minie...moe...ahaha...here we go.

He put some water on the stove to boil, found a mug...which took a while...poured the now boiling water into a teapot, setting the tea-bag in first, a brought it, the mug, and an energon cube to one of the tables.

He poured the tea for her, handing Heloise the mug before sitting down with his cube. He raised the purple-pink cube in the air, "Cheers."
Back to top Go down
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police
Princess Heloise

Character sheet
Health Bar:
Stamina Bar:
Armor/Shields:

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:30 am

Heloise blinked at the largeness of the room. It was huge!!! Well, it was not as large as Father's throne room, but it was as bigger than her training room. She went to a seat and sat down.

She looked up at Daybreak who was looking for something. It was very humoress to see the robot making her tea. Ezra's claw like hand tapped her elbow. Heloise looked at her Crote, wondering what he wanted. He pointed to him then the door. "Don't be gone too long." And with that Ezra nodded and slowly started for the door.

She looked back at Daybreak and took the mug. "Thank you." She said before lifting her cup into the air.

"Cheers,"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Day on the Job   First Day on the Job Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Day on the Job
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Smudged Chaos :: Capitol City and its Outskirts :: Chaotica City :: Districts :: Inner District :: Police Headquarters-
Jump to: