Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue May 29, 2012 8:55 pm

The Doctor flinched at the word 'war'. He did not have any good experiences with that term...not at all. But peace was good. Very good.

"There was a war, the Great Time War, between my people and another race called Daleks. The Daleks were a race bred for one purpose: to wipe out all life that wasn't Dalek. All emotion was bred out of them," The Doctor's eyes grew distant as he recalled those final years of his home, "My people would fight, die, regenerate and resume fighting. It went on and on for years. We were becoming something we were not supposed to become."

He took in a shuddering breath, "I took matters into my own hands. I stuck Gallifrey and everything on her into a time-lock. Nothing could enter or exit. My people are dead. I so believed the Daleks to be as well. Until I found some that had escaped. The Cult of Skaro. Dear Rose, in her effort to save me, absorbed the time energy from within the TARDIS and wiped out nearly all of the Cult. She became a creature known as Bad Wolf," he looked out at the splashing waves, "I extracted the energy from her, putting it into myself and back into the TARDIS. But I took too much. The energy began to burn my body. I regenerated."

He drew the towel tight against his thin shoulders, the towel having slipped in his narrative, "But even then, they still escaped. They will not die," he spat, his whole face darkening.

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue May 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Heloise listened to him intently as he talked about his home and the war that took it away. She watched him carefully before turning her gaze back to her feet that still rested under the water. "I don't like these Daleks.... Whatever they may be, I don't like them." She said.

"If I see one of those Daleks from the Cult, I'll be sure to give them a taste of a mad firebender," Heloise gave a small smirk at the idea of burning something that deserved it. Justice for the unliving. She glanced over at the Doctor and patted his knee. "It'll be okay." She reassured him softly.

Heloise withdrew her hand. "Continuing on with the questions. How do you regenerate? Can you do it more than once?"

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue May 29, 2012 10:30 pm

"Do not attempt to fight one, even if you mean well. They are strong, well-armored. I doubt that a whole army of your people would be match for even one Dalek. They show no mercy."

The Doctor shook his head before answering her next question, "Regenerating is a Time Lord's way of cheating death, in a way. When we are about to die, our bodies...fix themselves. The process also changes our outer looks. We become a new person, but retain all the memories of our previous selves. I am on my tenth body. It was set up long ago that a Time Lord would be restricted to twelve regenerations, thirteen bodies," he ruffled his hair, adjusting the towel again, "But we can still die. If we die before the process takes place or we are killed before it completes."

He smiled, "That is how I got the title: 'The Man of Many Faces'. Humans are a finicky lot. Now for my question: What is this 'Avatar' you spoke of?"

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue May 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Heloise frowned slightly at his words, but took it into consideration. Alright, no fighting a Dalek. Stay away from them.

Heloise pulled herself out of her thoughts and listened to Doctor talk about his regeneration. It was very interesting. Limitations though, bleh. The princess didn't like limitations. Especially not her own. They're were just plain annoying. Not being able to bend electricity because it was 'higher level of bending' than what she was apparently not ready for.

"What is this 'Avatar' you spoke of?"

Heloise blinked at him. "The Avatar. The Avatar is the man or woman who can bend all the elements. The Avatar keeps the balance between the other nations. Avatar Aang disappeared when he was young and the Fire Nation, ruled under my grandfather, attacked the other Nations taking over them one by one. My mother and uncle, Water Tribe members, discovered Aang in a ice burg. My father, present Fire Lord, was a exiled prince back then. He was told by Grandfather to find the Avatar and bring him back to the Fire Nation to restore his honor. Sometime during Aang's journey with my mother, uncle, and other's my father and great uncle joined up with them and they aided the Avatar in restoring the balance between the nations."

Heloise took a long breath. Repeating the legend was hard work because it was long and seemed to stretch everytime she spoke it.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 pm

"Your father was an exile? How ironic..." the Doctor stood, walking steadily across the sand to the changing rooms, pulling his suit back on. The Doctor adjusted everything before walking back out to the towel.

"I too was exiled by my people. My TARDIS was...locked up...and I was left on Earth for some time. That must be why I changed so much. Being around humans for so long. I used to be a haughty old Time Lord. My time on Earth really changed my outlook."

He sank down on the towel, "Your turn."

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Wed May 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Heloise watched him leave and return with somewhat duller eyes. "Yeah, my grandfather...... Burned his face then turned him out into the world with his uncle. Anyone would be able to recognize him with his scar....." She whispered, her hand coming up to touch the left side of her face.

Heloise sighed and leaned back into the sand to stare up at the sky. "Please don't take this the wrong way, but can you love? Like, love someone with a deep passion and whatever else most romantic books talk about?" She asked softly.

He talked about love, but he never mentioned if he could love. You could say it would bother her if he said 'no'. It would be a hard concept for her to grasp.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Wed May 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Out of all the questions the girl could have asked, she went and asked that one. His hearts began to beat faster and his mind spun. The Doctor cleared his throat.

"I...I...I took a girl once, Susan, a young Time Lady. I took her in, raised her as my granddaughter. She is gone now. Just like the others," his eyes glazed over, "Rose Tyler...she changed me so much. I was unable to tell her I loved her. One of the many things I regret."

He wiped his eyes, the brown orbs clearing up, "So, to answer your question, Heloise: Yes, I can love. I know what it is to love. I know the feeling of having my hearts broken. Many times. I have loved and lost and been loved in turn."

The Doctor turned his gaze to the young fire-bender, "What of you? Have you known love?"

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Wed May 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Heloise nodded. "I bet she was adorable, all of them." She whispered before yawning and looking at Doctor. She waited for him to look at her before chuckling.

"Haha, I've never loved anyone beyond the family. Even then, I barely know my mother. Just some legends and stories my father has told me." Heloise smiled. She stretched out her arms into the air. "But some of the younger guards did have a crush on me.... There was one of them... I can't remember his name but he was a cool guy. He taught me some of the guards methods so I would have a better understanding of the guards and what they do." Heloise sighed.

"It was a long time ago.... I was ten, he was fifteen. He liked me, once even told me he loved me but he would never love me the way he would like to..... He was right..... He couldn't love because I was the princess, he was guard...." Heloise waved a hand in the air, chasing away the memories.

Heloise looked at the Doctor. "My turn or your's?"

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Wed May 30, 2012 10:10 pm

"Ahhh...a forbidden love. Love those. Always interesting points in time," The Doctor cast a glance at the door, noting how it was still closed. What more did she want from him?

"It is your turn," he said, lounging back, his hands hitting against something. The Doctor turned to find a bright blue picnic basket. He pulled it around and opened to peek at the insides.

A few apples, a couple bananas, a loaf of bread, an assortment of meats, cheeses, and sauces. A cask nestled the side and the Time Lord popped that open as well to find drinks.

"It seems that the TARDIS feels that we are hungry," he indicated the basket.

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Heloise raised a brow at the Doctor. "Not forbidden, just frowned upon by my father." She said a little snootily. She hiked her nose up into the air at this, because if you're going to sound snooty, might as well look it.

She sighed though and acted more like her normal self. Well, more like her waterbender self.

Heloise looked at the Doctor then at the basket. A aroma of smells wafted into her nose. "Mm, what's that smell?" She asked, rolling over and crawling over to the lovely smelling basket. She looked up at the sky then back at the basket. "Well, I'm a little hungry. Are you?"

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Thu May 31, 2012 11:59 am

The Doctor grinned at her act, remembering how he used to be, "Starving," he pulled out one of the apples, a bright red thing, and took a deep bite.

"Oh, I adore apples," he took another bite, relishing in the taste. The Doctor grabbed a few more apples, but left the rest of the basket for Heloise to go through.

"Used to carry a bunch of these around with me. Just kept forgetting to restock my coat," the Time Lord wiped a bit of the juice off of his chin, "One of the worst parts of regenerating is that one gets a whole new set of taste buds. What one liked before, they absolutely cannot stand. Takes forever to figure out what one likes. But I," he tossed another apple, "I like apples."

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Thu May 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Heloise nodded and watched him eat the apple. "Hmm, I can't remember the last time I've had an apple. I prefer more spicy chili," She said as she rummaged through the basket. She couldn't find anything spicy. No chili, no peppers, not even tea. Well that she could see.

"Hmm, sometime I am going to have to make you GreatUncle's dragon tea. He only taught my father how to make it. Other wise it's a secret. It took me many years to beg my father to teach me how to make it. It's delicious, a little spicy, well.... majorly spicy, but it's good." Heloise said before pulling out a piece of....something. It was dry and smelt like meat.

Heloise gave it a poke with her finger. "What is this? It smells like meat, but I have never seen meat like this before." She asked the Doctor.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:58 pm

The Doctor bit into another of the apples, peeking into the basket. He examined the meat, sniffing it a few times, before chuckling, "It's chicken beef. A mixture of chicken and beef. Rather interesting taste to it, but it isn't half bad. Rather filling, if you ask me."

He didn't know why the TARDIS put that in there, but who knew what the old girl did, anyways. The Doctor plucked out a piece of the strange meat and popped it into his mouth. He looked thoughtful, chewing slowly. His brow furrowed as he swallowed, "Yep, just like I remember it."

"I would enjoy trying something new. Don't really know if I would enjoy spicy things, but I'll never know until I try," the Time Lord lounged back, finishing off his apple, "Your question, I do believe."

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Raising a brow Heloise looked at Doctor. "Chicken beef?" She took a tentative bite out of it and almost squealed. It was delightful! Just utterly delicious!!! Heloise gobbled up the meat and then was off searching for another piece.

She grabbed two strips and ate it rather quickly. She had to resist eating the last other two bits. Heloise glanced at the Doctor, her face reddening at the rudeness she just presented. "Ahem, sorry.... Um, what was your planet like? Was it green or was it like a big city?" She asked, before reaching for a fruit.

Heloise picked the fruit up and examined it. It looked like a apple sorta.... It was more smaller and had seeds on the outside, but yet it was red. What this this odd fruit?

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:09 pm

"That's a strawberry. A type of fruit. Not too bad either," the Doctor smiled just a bit.

"Gallifrey, it used to be called the Shining World of the Seven Systems. Two suns, the second sun would rise in the south, making the mountains glow while the first sun was a brilliant golden red. Some of the forests were filled with silver leaves and when the sun hit them, the forests would appear to be on fire."

He sighed in remembrance, "The Mast...er...my friend, he had estates with fields of red grass. We would romp in those fields for hours," The Doctor looked towards Heloise, smiling, "What about you? What was your home like?"

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Heloise took a bite of the strawberry, chewing it and swallowing it. It was very bittersweet. Good, but not that good. Heloise looked at Doctor and tried to picture his home. It was a little hard to because she was having a hard time thinking about two suns. It was strange, but yet very interesting.

She blinked back to the present when he asked her about her home. "My home? Well I lived in a palace. It's very big and houses my father and myself, along with the handmaids and guards and whoever else is important that decides to stay with us. There is...two dojo's I think. And a armory, and a guardhouse somewhere on the grounds. A herbal garden and a throne room....." Heloise did a quick walk through of the palace through her head.

She had a feeling she was forgetting a room, but if she couldn't remember it then it must not have been all that important. "Yeah, that's about it. The Fire Nation islands though are just a bunch of cities really. The main one especially and the smaller ones are just villages really." Heloise explained before looking at the Doctor.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:57 pm

"It sounds wonderful," he smiled, looking at Heloise and they sat and stared at one another for some time. The Doctor cleared his throat, breaking eye contact first.

The door swung open, making the Doctor turn his head. In the doorway stood Alfonso and Ezra, the book still clenched tightly to his chest. The Doctor waved them over, offering the picnic basket out to the two crotes. Alfonso grabbed the basket, his pale hands sweeping through the food stuffs. The Doctor smiled, watching the crotes.

"I've never before come across a species quite like this. Chaos believes them to be a little flawed, but I see nothing wrong with them. Humans were the same, once. A little species, beginning to see their importance in the universe."

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Heloise blushed when her and Doctor stared at one another. She looked back at the door to see Ezra and Alfonso. They made their way over to them and Ezra plopped himself down next to her, a goofy smile on his face. Heloise rolled her gold eyes.

She looked at Doctor again before pulling out a apple and nibbling on it. After swallowing she looked at Ezra. "They seem pretty human to me. Ezra has very claw-like hands though.... Though I've seen some people back in the Fire Nation that have claw-like hands......" Heloise yawned and shrugged. "Anyway, Chaos did excellent with the Crotes." She smiled and ruffled Ezra's dark hair.

Ezra made a laughing like noise and swatted her hand playfully away. He fixed his hair. Ezra reached for a strawberry that was hiding in the basket. Heloise giggled and pulled her hand away. She looked back at Doctor. "Has Alfonso talked to you though? Ezra hasn't spoken to me, verbally. He's dragged me around though."

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:49 pm

"Alfonso has not yet spoken words, although I do get...feelings...from him. It is a little hard to explain," the Doctor scratched his head, at a loss to explain, "Alfonso's been the same. Dragging me here and there. Reminds me a little of myself, really."

He chuckled, reaching for the last apple. It seemed that whoever did the picking for the bonding process was really good. The crotes seemed to know more than they ever let on. The Doctor had found Alfonso making tea moments before he himself had a craving for it. Leading the Doctor downtown to visit with the shopkeeping crotes to purchase some more food-stuffs and clothes for Alfonso, before the Time Lord even finished getting around to leave. It was just a bit eerie, to be honest.

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:50 pm

Heloise nodded, understanding what the Doctor meant. She let out another yawn and glanced up at the sun. "Can we go back to the library?" She asked, feeling a little sleepy under the sun's warmth. Ezra rubbed his bonded back, trying to rouse her a little.

Heloise looked at the Doctor waiting for his answer. Her eyes felt a little heavy and she was struggling to keep her eyelids open. She kept her eyes opened though with determination. Sleep was fighting hard thought to make her fall asleep.

But with Ezra's slightly rough back rub, it kept her awake.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:29 pm

The Doctor understood what Heloise was saying. With Alfonso's help, the Doctor packed up the stuff, stowing it away in the myriad of lockers. He lent a hand out to the fire-bender, escorting her back to the library.

"It seems that my darling TARDIS has finally succeed in her master plan: getting me to talk," he chuckled, plopping himself down into one of the comfy reading chairs. He propped his feet up on one of the footrests, Alfonso settling down in a chair next to his bonded.

The TARDIS trilled, quite pleased with herself, 'Is there someplace you want us to drop you off at-fire girl?'

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Heloise took the Doctor's hand and let him lead her to the library, Ezra following close to them. She pulled her hand away and sat down on one of the chairs. Ezra stood behind her, feeling the need to stay standing. Heloise smiled at the Doctor's comment. "She did. But it was nice to hear something different than legends and tales of what my father and mother did. Seems like the only thing I ever hear. You're past seems interesting though Doc." She said tiredly.

Her eyes were starting to droop and she had to shake her head to wake up more. "Uh, the police station would be fine." Heloise said before yawning. Her mind was a little fuzzy and she felt like she was suppose to be somewhere else, but couldn't quiet remember where.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:58 pm

The Doctor smiled and grabbed for Heloise's hand once again, dragging her out of the library and back out to the control room. He set her down in the old, and the only, chair in the room while he pranced around the controls. He twisted at the levers and pulled at the knobs, banging a few things with a little hammer he pulled out from under the console.

The central rotor, a glass tube with littler tubes, began to pulse up and down, producing a wheezing noise. The TARDIS shook and groaned, the Doctor throwing himself against the controls, legs spread wide to retain balance, as the TARDIS bucked.

Soon enough, the TARDIS stopped her motions. The Doctor straightened his suit, reached for Heloise's hand again, and pulled her to the door. He threw it wide, revealing the interior of the Police Headquarters.

"I did enjoy your visit, we both did. Do come around again, when you get the chance. It was nice meeting you." he shook her hand warmly once more, before ducking back inside the TARDIS. The same wheezing noise sounded once more, seeming to occur as the blue box pulsed in and out of existence, before vanishing all together.

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Heloise didn't have too much time to get comfortable in the chair when she was up again and in a different chair. She watched Doctor move around the TARDIS, pulling things banging other things. He did something and then there was a unpleasant feeling in her stomach.

Heloise held her stomach, feeling slightly sick. The sickness passed though when apparently they landed. She looked Doctor before he pulled her up and out of the TARDIS and into the Police Office. "Farwell Doctor." She waved and watched as Ezra hurried past him and standing behind Heloise. Heloise waved goodbye to the Doctor, watching as he and the TARDIS disappeared.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   

Back to top Go down

Reflection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3