Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Wed May 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Heloise flinched at the cool feeling on her skin. She watched it a moment before glancing up at Doctor. "Well, I am not your average person dear Doctor." Her eyes went from his face to the space around them. "Plus, I'm learning to start expecting new, strange things." She whispered.

Her eyes flickered back to her skin and then widened. "Whoa," She pulled her away from the Doctor and inspected it. The green liquid ointment worked like a waterbender's healing. So fascinating. "I like TARDIS by the way. She's very interesting." Heloise smiled.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 am

"That is a good thing to do. There are stranger things in the universe than the TARDIS, just to let you know," he let his eyes travel around the golden interior, to the container bubbling with a liquid surrounding a hand...his hand...and then back to Heloise.

"One of these days, I might just take you out to those stars," he smiled and ruffled his hair, "Of course, if you want to, that is. There are new planets out there that I have not yet explored and I am already itching to fly out there."

His eyes sparkled with that maniacal light that always signaled the-Doctor-was-about-to-do-something-stupid-and-you-can't-do-anything-to-stop-it look.

The TARIDS chuckled, a melodic sound that filled the Doctor with nothing but pure joy, 'And I like you too-fire princess/ You are interesting/'

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Thu May 24, 2012 1:56 am

Heloise was still staring at her arm in awe. This was so interesting. She looked at Doctor. "Would you really Doctor? Even though..... I could possibly end up like your...other companions?" She whispered the last part, trying to be slightly delicate about it.

She didn't want to play that card on the poor man, he's lost so much already, but she wasn't going to just drop everything and forget what happened to his other companions. Heloise's stone face was back again, the waterbender she was being retreating back into Heloise, the firebender marching back to take it's rightful place.

Heloise's gold eyes looked dead while Doctor's brightened at being able to go somewhere. The princess tired to keep the stone expression but with TARIDS music like laugh, it was hard. A small amused hint came to her face.

She dropped it though, the stone expression looking cold but not heartless. "Doctor, what happened...exactly to your companions?" She asked as lightly as she could.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Thu May 24, 2012 12:46 pm

The Doctor's smile faded and his eyes grew dark. He leaned back, eyes narrowing as he regarded her. He clenched and unclenched his hands repeatedly before sighing.

"Many of my companions went back to their own families, lived their lives. Happy lives, slowly forgetting their travels with the mad man and his blue box. Others never forget, but have no other option but to live on, passing on their stories to their children. Even I began to slowly forget their faces, their names."

He looked away, unable to look the fire-bender in the eyes any longer, his guilt crashing through him with every pump of his twin hearts, "And then there are those who I can never forget. Dear Rose, who brought me out of the darkness of my anger, stuck in an alternate world where we can never met ever again. Sweet Jack, made immortal, unable to die no matter what, by the actions of Bad Wolf, of Rose. River Song...a woman I did not know, but who knew me. The woman who knew my name, my real name. She who gave her life to save an entire world."

He sat down by the center console, drawing his knees up to his chest.

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Thu May 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Heloise felt guilt flash through her as he answered her. Someone should slap her. That was really crude of her. She couldn't speak though, she couldn't even apologize to him. Her mouth wouldn't even open. Her father would have slapped her up side the head.

She lowered her head, hoping he would take that as a apology. Heloise sighed and sat down on the ground, putting her head in her hands as she tried to sort out what she should say. She needs to apologize. She needed to do it at that very moment, but she needed to word it right. 'I'm sorry' just would not cut it.

"Doctor, I.... I....." Heloise stopped and rubbed her head. "I am sorry..." Alright someone needs to punch her in the face right now. She is a an idiot and needs to be punched in the face.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Thu May 24, 2012 5:01 pm

The Doctor gazed at her solemnly before smiling, "I have made many mistakes in my long life, that I admit. But the memories will follow me. Not just the bad ones, but the good ones as well. No need to apologize, for I have had some really great adventures."

He allowed himself a chuckle, to lighten the mood just a bit, "Don't worry about what you said. My companions have always complained about how rude I sometimes could be. Would come to the point where they would stop me and explain what I was saying wrong."

He chuckled again.

'It is true/ The Doctor say things-make people upset/ He never mean to do that-though/' the TARIDS gave her melodic giggle again.

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Thu May 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Heloise peeked up at him before sighing in relief. "It's good to admit when you're wrong..." She whispered before sighing. She stood back up and let her eyes travel around the TARDIS. "I am still curious about how she can speak to us." She said, moving carefully through the TARDIS, making sure she didn't touch anything.

It appeared to be very high tech and she was afraid she'd break something if she touched it. She still bended fire, fire can cause destruction, destruction breaks things. Or to be more specific she can burn things, melt them down to bits. Heloise didn't exactly want to do that to the TARDIS.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Fri May 25, 2012 12:03 pm

The Doctor, taken aback by her continued questions about his beloved TARDIS, was at a loss at how to explain the complexities of a TARDIS. Even at 900 years, he himself did not know as much about his TARDIS than he would like.

But the TARDIS took things into her own hands, figuratively speaking, of course, 'How is it you can talk-fire girl?/ I am sentient as you-or my thief/'

The Doctor cringed, the tone that his TARDIS had taken grated against his brain.

"Usually I'm the only one who can hear her, but ever since we landed here, she's been more talkative. The airwaves on this planet appear to send her signal out better, hence the talking," he paused, thinking it over, "Well...actually she speaks straight to the head. Telepathy and all that."

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Fri May 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Heloise winced at TARDIS's voice. She held up her hands in a white flag motions. She looked back at the Doctor, before looking at the center of the room. Heloise picked her way back to the Doctor before sighing again.

Something was nagging her in the back of her mind and she couldn't quiet but a finger on it. Is she forgetting something? Maybe it's the question list? No, that's not it... What is she forgetting? Heloise pursed her lips in thought.

Seriously what was she forgetting? Maybe it was a who.....

Gold eyes went wide. "Ezra," She whispered and hit her forehead.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Fri May 25, 2012 5:54 pm

"He and Alfonso went that-a-way," the Doctor pointed to a stairwell over his shoulder, "I do believe they are in the library."

He gave a grin and the twinkle in his eyes returned. The Doctor shot to his feet, straightened his suit and extended a hand to Heloise, "Care to go and find them?"

The Doctor himself had not been through many of the rooms in a long time. Especially those rooms his former companions had once frequented. But now he had someone else with him. The Time Lord did enjoy showing off his beautiful TARDIS to people.

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sun May 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Eyes flickering to the stairwell behind the Doctor, Heloise shifted slightly on her feet. Her eyes went back to Doctor's face and saw that his eyes were sparkling. Unknowing what to really do, Heloise took his hand, her face heating up slightly.

Somewhere deep inside her, the little waterbender was going 'awwww', causing Heloise to blush darker. She never really touched anyone ever, unless she was sparring or being helped by one of the handmaids. She swallowed down her embarrassment the best the firebender could though, her cheeks lightening to a slight pink on her cheeks.

"Y-Yes. I would gladly like to see the library." She said, clearing her throat again.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sun May 27, 2012 5:52 pm

The Doctor was oblivious, as always, to the feelings of affection often wafted his way. He grinned, pulling her towards the stairwell, "Allons-y!"

He led her up the stairwell, pushing open the door with a flourish. A long hallway lay before them with a few doors, most of them closed, dotted the walls sporadically. The Time Lord's sensitive nose could smell the musty odor of books coming from deep within the hallway, so he went that way.

A doorway yawned open on his left and the Doctor barely glanced inside before attempting to hurry off. Inside the room, nine pedestals arranged in a semi-circle held nine different outfits. Each was lit by its own spotlight. The one on the far left was old. Very old. The one on the far right was newer. A black leather jacket and jeans. Each outfit had its own life. Its own story.

Everything in this room was the Doctor's past. A past he did not want to look at any longer. He walked on, finding the door to the library, the pool behind the door right across the hall, and pushed it open.

"Here we are," he announced, both Ezra and Alfonso looking up from their respective books at the Time Lord.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sun May 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Heloise didn't look in the room the Doctor paused at, thinking that it was a personal room that she should keep her nose out of. When they entered the library, Heloise pulled her hand from the Doctor's to place her on her hips.

She gave Ezra a stern look. He smiled back at her impishly, waving at her slightly with one hand. Heloise sighed and continued to stare at her crote, who stared back at her looking innocent as ever. Finding nothing to really verbally scold him about, Heloise smiled back.

"Wow, Doctor. My Uncle Sokka would be very jealous of this library." Heloise praised, smiling at him.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sun May 27, 2012 8:17 pm

The Doctor beamed, "I am rather proud of this collection. Most of the books were gifts. Although this is not as impressive as the planet Library. Now that is an impressive collection."

He walked up and down one of the long bookcases, examining the spines of each book before grabbing one and returning to Heloise, "Here, a present from me to you," he passed the faded red book to the fire-bender, "Songs of the Flames. A lovely book. Wonderful ending," he winked before turning to look at the covers of the books the crotes were reading.

'My thief means well/ He received that book-along with some other items-from the people of Pyrovillia-in gratitude for saving their planet/'

The Doctor was commenting on the reading material that Alfonso had picked up, the crote nodding his head as he flipped through the pages.

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Sun May 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Heloise blinked and looked between the book and the Doctor. "T-Thank you Doctor." She smiled, looking back at the book. She's read books, well more of scrolls, but she wasn't one of the biggest readers in the palace. This though seemed like a pretty interesting.

Heloise glanced up at the ceiling when TARDIS spoke to her. She gave a small nod and hugged the book to her chest before wondering over to Ezra. "What are you reading Ezra?" She asked, nodding to the book.

Ezra lifted up the book to show Heloise. She glanced at the cover before nodding and looking back at her book. Heloise looked at the Doctor before opening the book to the title page and reading a little on the first page.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Mon May 28, 2012 5:27 pm

The Doctor wandered throughout the library, trailing his fingers across the faded spines. He had read many of these many a time. He sighed, looking back at Heloise and the two crotes, before slipping out of the door.

Across the hall, the door to the pool creaked open. It wasn't really a pool, more like a clear pond. Sand crunched under his feet as he turned to the changing rooms. He donned a pair of swim trunks, a pair he had not worn in a long time. The artificial sun beamed down, warming his pale body as he slipped into the water. The Doctor laid on his back, the water lapping his body. The water was pleasantly warm and the Time Lord closed his eyes.

It had been a long time since he had felt this relaxed. Maybe it was that he had talked to someone. He sighed again. He was never good at talking about himself. Other things...other races...other people...yeah, he could talk for hours. But himself..or his own people..nope. It was all too painful.

'You must try harder-my Doctor/ You will feel better if you talk about yourself/ People might trust you better if you did/ Fire girl seems nice-talk to her/'

The Doctor groaned, 'You know why it is so hard. I feel...tainted...dirty. My hearts have broken so many times.'

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Mon May 28, 2012 5:49 pm

The princess smiled at her crotes silliness. He had put the book on his head and she couldn't help but giggle at him. Such a funny one he is. Alfonso took the book away from Ezra and seemed to scold him, because the other crote pouted and put his head down.

Heloise smiled and patted his head before smiling at Alfonso. She felt a missing presence and turned around to see that the Doctor was missing. Her smile faltered and she looked around before finally looking back at her crote. "Ezra, hold onto this book and don't lose it. Or mess it up or anything okay?" She said as she handed the book over to him.

Ezra took the book and set on the table and turned back to Alfonso, keeping a hand on the book so he wouldn't forget it. He watched as his princess disappeared into the library, probably looking for Alfonso's bonded.

Heloise poked her head out a door she discovered and looked around. "Doctor?" She called softly, wondering where the man could have gone.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Mon May 28, 2012 11:04 pm

'Here you go-love/'

The TARDIS opened the door, showing the fire-bender which way to go. The sound of waves lapping against sand came from within the room. The warm rays of the artificial sun radiating out into the hallway.

The Doctor floated, limbs splayed while his fingers traced unseen designs into the water. His thoughts traveling down paths long since traveled. Of had been and what-could-have been. That was his curse. To see all that had past, all that will pass, and all that might pass.

"Doctor?"

The Doctor swam back to the shoreline, the sun drying the water from his body. He grabbed a towel from a nearby rack, laying it out on the silvery sand. The Doctor threw another blanket around his lithe shoulders, covering his pale body, and waited for Heloise to join him. He had a lot of questions to answer.

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue May 29, 2012 1:26 am

Heloise blinked at the door that opened suddenly. She took a hesitant step towards it. Slowly poking her head in she looked inside the room. It was very pretty. Slightly disorientating, but pretty. But where was the Doctor?

"Doc?" Heloise called again before stepping into the room fully to continue the search. Her eyes traveled around the room before finally finding Doctor wrapped up in towels. Her face flushed scarlet, her eyes darting down to the sand beneath her feet. "Um, sorry. You disappeared, I was worried. If you are alright then I guess I should probably leave you be," She said, her feet slowly shuffling backwards towards her exit.

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue May 29, 2012 11:21 am

The TARDIS knew that, left to his own decisions, the Doctor would allow the girl to walk on out. So, she took things into her own hands, figuratively speaking. The TARDIS closed the door, locking it firmly. She knew that her thief knew, he did have some very keen ears.

A sigh left the Doctor and he patted the towel, "The TARDIS is keen in her attempts to make me talk. You just got caught up into it."

The Time Lord wrapped himself tighter in the fluffy blue towel, water droplets sparkling in his brown hair. His twin hearts beating a steady tempo, reminding him daily of the drums that had driven his childhood friend to madness.

"She won't let either of us to leave until I've spoken...or answered some of your questions," he sighed, "So, fire away. I'll attempt to answer to the best of my ability or knowledge. Be warned though, there are a few things I cannot speak about."

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue May 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Heloise's rump bumped into the locked door. Heloise sighed and looked up before back at Doctor. Time to be a waterbender again. "Well then, let's start." She walked over to the edge of the water and sat down in the sand.

She took off her pointed boots and set then to the side. Her tanned feet slipped into the water, a sigh escaping her lips at the slight coolness to her feet. She closed her eyes and felt for her chi inside her. It took some concentration to move the heat of the flame that rested in her feet to her hands, but she got it.

Once she did that she opened her eyes and looked the Doctor. "Fire away, eh? Okay.... Well, there is one thing I am curious about." Heloise paused and looked at the water, trying to seem casual about all this. Finally she opened her mouth to speak. "Why was there two thumps in your chest? You have one heart, right?"

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue May 29, 2012 3:41 pm

The Doctor flinched at his unintentional pun but brightened at her question, "Ah, that is an easy one. I have two hearts," he pulled a stethoscope out of a locker and returned to Heloise, silently handing her the instrument. He put the ear pieces into her ears and placed the end of it on left side of his chest, waiting a few heartbeats before moving it to his right. He rolled the thing up, putting it back where he had found it, before settling back down before the fire-bender, "I'm a Time Lord. I have two hearts."

He rewrapped the towel, shivering slightly despite the heat. The Doctor looked sideways at the door, noting it was still locked and sighed, "Alright, your next question."

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue May 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Heloise listened with wonder at his double heart. Cool. She looked at Doctor when he pulled the stethoscope, thingy, anyway. "Oh, cool...." She breathed before checking down her question list.

She pursed her lips as she thought, trying to word a question correctly. "Hmm, in the dimension that you traveled to... Or planet, I believe that is what it was called.... Um, Earth? Yeah, Earth. What was your favorite place on that planet?" Heloise asked curiously. She tilted her head to the side and looked at Doctor.

Her eyes normally dull with boredom, was starting sparkle with her curiosity of this man. She's never met anyone like him. Well, no dip. He was a Time Lord, they didn't visit her world. She couldn't help but be curious of this new creature. Most of the people in her family was drawn to something that she was curious that changed their destiny. Like her mother's curiosity with the iceburg that Aang was trapped in....

The Doctor

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue May 29, 2012 5:36 pm

"Hm..Earth. I've traveled that world more than my own. I loved everything about it. I went through its past, its present, and its future. I must say, I did enjoy my stays in London. That was where my dear TARDIS got her Chameleon Circuit all fried up and stuck in this shape."

The Doctor watched Heloise carefully. One of these days, he was sure that he and the TARDIS were both going to have to visit her world. Well, if Chaos allowed them to leave. He was sure that after a while, the god of chaos would do so. But until then....

The door was still shut tight, "How about this: a question for a question?" the Doctor thought long and hard before coming up with his simple question, "What was your home like? Your world, I mean?"

View user profile
Princess Heloise
Chaotica Police

Character sheet
Health Bar:
70/70  (70/70)
Stamina Bar:
12/12  (12/12)
Armor/Shields:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Tue May 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Heloise nodded at his idea. They could swap information, it'd be a nice. Learn something new about eachother. "Alright, that sounds like a good idea." She said. Heloise thought for a second about his new question.

"Well, throughout my childhood the whole world was coming out of a war with my Grandfather and Aunt.... But, a little into the teenage years everyone finally got everything pulled together and started a greater era..... I don't know what's going on now, but the peace is probably still together." Heloise said, slowly. She really did hope that everything back home was still okay.

Another war would probably break every bender and nonbender the nations hold. It would devastate her father, and mother. They are getting pretty old....

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reflection   

Back to top Go down

Reflection
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next